Luke 19:10

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 18 - 347 to Go.

Yesterday I donated blood at church. I knew it was going to hurt, I spent the week going back and forth will I wont I. I had plenty of excuses why not. The deciding factor was when Ryan told me "Hey mom did you know the Red Cross is going to send blood to the people in Haiti". I just couldn't say no then. As I sat it the bus knowing what awaited I calmed myself saying someone's life will be saved by this act. It was the most painful time I've ever had giving blood. My arm swelled and is bruised and still sore today. That being said I will do it again. My pain will go away, someone will need that blood, maybe from a car accident, an injury during surgery, so many reasons I can't even imagine. An earthquake in Haiti. The need is literally an ocean wide.

It mirrors the need of the lost. I was one of them. Drifting, not following the WAY the Truth and the Life. What a difference Jesus has made in my life. I am positive when I should be skeptical, I am loving when I want to get even. Most importantly I am able to serve and love my Creator when I deserve to be squashed like a bug. His pain bought my freedom. His pain gave me life. How can I do anything but find ways to show His love to those around me? He is good all the time! So my little pain and ugly bruise will remind me today of His truth. We are called to love. Yesterday I loved with a needle.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! I learned so much about you in just a few paragraphs. Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete