Luke 19:10

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.

Friday, June 10, 2011

What a phenomenal way to end VBS! Our original goal for the week long offering was $2,500. When we surpassed that goal on Thursday they set a new goal for $3,000. How amazing it was to hear the kids cheer when this total came up! Love to see little hearts realizing the importance of giving. One of the best things about the offering is part of the funds will be buying French Bibles for Brussels and the other part will be used at the after school program at Wherry Housing. Both are programs that I am involved in so I am extra excited about that!

Another beautiful thing about this week was an opportunity to spell out God's plan of salvation in a new way. It was my first year as a Bible station leader so I got to do this, talk about emotions! It was presented as God loving us and providing a way for us to be in His family, forever! I loved the idea of family, it was simple and easy for the kids to understand. I am humbled by the chance to be used by the God who saved me to reach out to children that I love.

What a wild, fun and amazing week. It may just be our last VBS in America and I am so happy that we all got to enjoy it and serve together as a family.

God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment