Luke 19:10

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Almost six months in Brussels and for the first time I am feeling a sense of homesick. Not for a house, but for family and friends. I love Brussels, I am blessed everyday by the new people that God is bringing into my life. The tram rides, languages, chocolate! So many amazing new experiences. So what do I do with this pain in my heart? I think it is a valuable lesson in what we should be homesick for. This earth is not really our "home". As Christ followers, we know that a home awaits us that is infinitely more wonderful than our best day here on earth. I serve a God who created and provided a salvation to make it possible for us to be with Him forever. And that brings me back to why we are here. God called us to move to Brussels, to reach out to a people who don't even remember why they need God. I am motivated by a new desire, a new homesickness, one that will drive me to use this valuable time to get out and bring Him glory!

"Oh I'm running to your arms, I'm running to your arms.
The riches of Your love will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign"

No comments:

Post a Comment