Luke 19:10

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday May 25th

Since my 38th birthday, 12 days ago much has happened. I broke my toe, man does it hurt but I'm stubborn and can't let it slow me down. We put our house on the market last Thursday. So glad we stayed with Dan Alcorn, he will help us anyway he can, even payed to have a stager come and give me some great advice. I love that he finished our meeting with a prayer which he agreed that God is in control. School ended for our pre-school class on Friday so Stephanie and I are using this week to get the room packed up,organized and ready for next year. It's exciting and sad to know that I may not even be with the class through Christmas.

The International Mission Boards decision or rather indecision to get involved has left an enormous financial burden on us it would seem. Knowing that God has called us to serve Him in Belgium gives me peace knowing He will make a way. I am excited to see how He will do it and who He will use. I continue to be humbled and grateful for this opportunity to serve Him.

A final stage in the house preparation is purging. All the little personal knick knacks and things that have made this house uniquely ours have to go. It is a revelation to me every time I have the urge to hold onto something I have to remind myself that it is just stuff and the sacrifice of giving up the stuff is going to grow the kingdom of heaven. After all am I wanting to grow my "stuff" or help grow the Glory of God? Pretty obvious choice huh?!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Especially the line, "After all am I wanting to grow my "stuff" or help grow the Glory of God?" - awesome! Blessings as you learn to let go in this season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki I just now read your comment, thanks for the encouragement! I appreciate your influence in my life more than you know.

    ReplyDelete