Luke 19:10

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011


As today was shaping up to be a rainy, housecleaning downright boring kind of day, Boom! God swept in and blasted us with the Sonshine that can only come from Him. I wont totally admit that we've been discouraged lately but it wouldn't be a lie to say we were well, questioning. The timing of this journey, you know us being willing to sell everything and go and then waiting. And waiting, and waiting. Well I will admit some days it got the best of me. I look around, see people going through day to day stuff and felt a little jealous. What if my life were normal again. It would be easy. But then how can you ever go back when you have committed to God? When He has flipped that proverbial light switch in your heart? Following Him is the single greatest cause in my life. Making Him famous in the dark places is exactly what I was created for. How can we as a family give less than everything?

Well today two major things have happened. Rob was able to share his calling with a bank official high above him. She was not only thrilled, she asked to be added to our newsletter so they could support us! Then I got a message about the possibility of renting our home to a family we already know. Only yesterday Rob and I discussed the possibility as it seems unlikely the house will sell due to the failing market.

So now I sit stunned and embarrassed to be "called out" by God for having put Him in a box. He created everything and my tiny mind wants to limit Him to my abilities. Shame on me for that! I will now watch in amazement and adoration as God unwraps His plan. In His timing.

Thanks to my Savior for the reminder that only He can do these amazing things. Thanks to Him for the chance to be a little light for Him in the dark places. He alone is worthy of that!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment