Luke 19:10

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

This is our "baby" Chewie. He became very sick last weekend. Monday morning when Rob brought him to the vet we realized just how serious it was. His white blood cell count was almost non existent. He was dehydrated and unable to stand. In short he was dying and no one knew why. In my life I know of instances where God has stepped in and worked in a powerful way. At 18 I fell asleep and drove a car off the road. The car was totaled, I was fine. At 16 weeks fetus Ruthie was in trouble. There was bleeding and it appeared that my water had broke. She was delivered on her due date totally healthy. God is powerful.

Back to Chewie, I can not over exaggerate the amount of prayer that went on in this household, or tears. To hear the tender prayers of a six year old who knows that God can save his puppy. It was heart wrenching and I'm not going to lie I was asking God to help me explain to him if Chewie didn't make it. How could I even doubt that God knew what would happen and He was in control. After two long nights at the vet, iv's and antibiotics and tests, the miracle happened. Our puppy started to recover as quickly as he got sick. The vet said we may never know what caused his illness or even what it was. I KNOW that this was an opportunity for my family to pray, to seek God and to build faith in the One that we have given our lives to. Tonight I am thanking God for His love and mercy.

I would like to say to those of you who are unsure about your life, your worries, your problems. You can trust God to help you with it all. Now He wont answer all your prayers the way you want, trust me I have had disappointments. I know though that every prayer is answered and He is always in control. When it wasn't the answer I wanted He graciously came alongside and comforted me.

This God that I serve is amazing. Someday I will have the honor or serving Him in a country that is growing in its darkness, until then I will serve Him right here in Smyrna, TN. The best news? He wants you to be a part of His plan too! Trust Him, it is more than worth the trade!

No comments:

Post a Comment