Luke 19:10

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Word and Verse of the Year


After a lot of thought and consideration I have chosen a word and verse for this year. My word is HOPE. For what I think are obvious reasons I love this word. It is positive, encouraging and of course gives an outlook I want to have.
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1
The assurance of things hoped for. Why are we assured in our hope?
Let us hold tight to our faith without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23
We are assured because He who promised is faithful.

Has this process of "getting to Brussels" been hard. Of course, one of the most difficult things I've ever done. Have I wavered, wondered, doubted? Sadly in my reflection I must admit there have been times that I have questioned how it would happen, and why God chose us. I have however never doubted that God has called us and that He is making a way.

This year as I continue to watch God's will and perfect timing unfold I will rest in the HOPE that I have in Him. I will draw strength and even a little patience, knowing that He is faithful.

Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:4

1 comment:

  1. Hope and perseverance are good things for our family this year too! Henry and I talked for a long time today about you and your family going to Brussels. He had a lot of questions and then said, "Will she come back?" I told him that you would come back at least to visit, and that maybe someday you would come back for good. He said, "If that's what she needs to do, I want her to do it. I will miss her, but I love her and I want her to be happy and doing what she needs to do." How is a six year old smarter than me? We love you!

    ReplyDelete